25 May 2012

RHS Chelsea Flower Show 2012 Highlights

Posted by Happy Homemaker UK

Lucky me
I attended the RHS Chelsea Flower Show this week

It is always a mind-blowing event
that pushes the limits

I am always amazed by the creativity seen at this sold-out, five day show
that hosts 157,000 visitors over its 11 acres in London annually


by Birmingham City Council


It is a competitive event
with designers and growers vying for awards such as
Best Show Garden, Plant Of The Year,
and other 'best in show' categories

You can see why it is the world's most famous flower show,
like a fashion catwalk in the garden world

Check this out...

Ever wonder what an orchid tree might look like?




If I remember correctly, water-filled test tubes were hand-tied onto branches
to hold each orchid stem

Magnificent! 

Orchids were definitely popular this year


Big use of orchids by Pattaya City & Nong Nooch Pattaya Tropical Garden


Loving this clever interpretation of Monet's 
Bridge Over A Pond Of Water Lilies


Made of plant material
by Inspired Impressions


Larger installations were housed outside The Great Pavilion

Depending on category, exhibitors had
two to three weeks to set up to make it look perfect
(which must have been difficult in the heavy rain of late)

Isn't this 'Plant Explorers Garden' just delightful?


by Scottish Agriculture College


I must admit I was smitten by the Artisan Retreat section
Wouldn't you love to blog from here?


by Orla Kiely


A huge fan of all things Orla, I asked if she happened to be there
Sadly I missed her by a day

Look at this a scrumptious space


by VV Rouleaux


And this one is so cheery and welcoming


by Kaffe Fassett


The day was a feast for the eyes and creative soul
:)

- all photos by me -

Read last year's RHS Chelsea Flower Show post here

21 comments:

Jane said...

Ooh, Laura! What a treat for the senses - thankyou for sharing your day so generously with us. I will get there one day - we must make it a date! J x

Happy Homemaker UK said...

Yes, make it a date!

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Whoa! Such magnificent eye candy. Love the car and the orchid tree. Truly outstanding, creative work.

Robyn said...

some of them are just so over the top aren't they? but I love the Orla Kiely one too (love her stuff!) and the one by the Scottish Agricultur College .

Down by the sea said...

Wow they all look amazing, thanks for sharing for those who weren't fortunate enough to go! That would be a wonderful place to blog, what a shame you missed Orla by a day.
Sarah x

miss b said...

What a wonderful post - we have been watching the show each evening on TV and said that we really must go there next year. Amazing images - I especially loved the first one, of course Orla Kiely and the last hot pink summerhouse.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Pet said...

Thanks for sharing this. I wish I was there this year too.

fiona anderson said...

Oh wow, I've always wanted to go ! I used to actually work in the Pimlico Road in my early 20's (a long time ago) and watch everyone walking down the road (it was en route from Victoria Station to the flower show). I felt envious even then, even though I knew nothing about plants.
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures.

Jeanne @ Collage of Life said...

Fantastic photos Laura! I went along this week as well..third time lucky for me. :)
Jeanne xx

Sarah B said...

Oh wow, how amazing! I'd love to see it one day. It all looks so incredible. I'd love to spend some time in the artist retreats :)

Pom Pom said...

Wow! Thank you, Laura! I especially like Kaffe Fassett's space!

greenthumb said...

How wonderful I justed loved each one of your photos. Glad you had a great day.

Samantha said...

Oh how beautiful, I too would love to attend one day. So creative and colourful, most of our Garden Show entrants aren't doing pretty things anymore, its a shame.

Rona said...

Lovely to see you this week Laura. Looks like you had a wonderful time at Chelsea too :-).

little macaroon. said...

Oh I'm green with envy! I love Chelsea, and it's one of the main things I miss about living in London! But the tv coverage is almost making up for it ;-)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

So much beauty in one place.

Fondly,
Glenda

Kellie Collis said...

These are wonderful! So gorgeous! Have a beautiful week ahead, Kellie xx

Claire said...

wow! its all so lovely and colourful!! the orchid tree is beautiful x

Calico Child said...

Well you certainly are enjoying living in the UK :)) Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day or should I say week I am a shocking blogger (tee hee) Love the flower show what great eye candy all so gorgeous funny the first picture of Birmingham city council was shown I was born there well in a little town called Bearwood many many moons ago!!

likeschocolate said...

Amazing!

Daily Photo 2012 said...

I'm so jealous that you got to go! (I was at home in Michigan during the flower show) Such great pictures!